Summary & Questionnaire
1. What are your top-3 golden rules of behaviour during the training (etiquette/safety/communication/etc.)?
2. What is the purpose of creating a positive environment for theatre collaboration? Describe your perfect environment for ensemble building.
3. How will you establish yourself as the leader of your production without coming off as overbearing? How will you pave the way for creativity and inspiration?
4. How you understand the term "group roles"? What roles within a group you can name?
5. What would be your actions if the member of the group were strongly disagreeing with your methods and would constantly distract the process of rehearsals?
6. What would you like your rehearsal/production environment to look like in terms of
7. Imagine your early rehearsals on the production with a limited rehearsal period and with a new troupe, what an ice breaker or bonding exercise during the initial cast meeting you are going to use?
8. If you’ve considered incorporating physical and/or vocal warmups and trust activities to assist group bonding, which exercises would be most appropriate for the theatre lab environment?
9. What are your instruments for communication as a director? What visual or other tools you can use in addition to words to communicate with your group?
10. If you would set a goal for each rehearsal, how can you measure completion or success rate? What would be the key identifiers for you?
11. The compositional aspect of movement with regard to large groups of actors requires inventive, structuring skills to manage and mould movement material effectively and to facilitate physical vocabularies for all concerned. How do you prepare for such work.
12. How can you steer and activate the actor’s senses as well as their imagination?
13. Imagine working on a performance with lots of movement, dance, fight scenes with a mixed cast (some are strong in movement, some not). Describe the approach and techniques you would use to create a positive psychological environment in such a group.
14. What is the main incentive for each individual to stay in the ensemble?
15. What is the main incentive, motivation for each individual to stay in the ensemble?
Reply the above-mentioned questions as the final task.
Deadline: September 10